How many times have you had a dream and upon awaking, it stays with you throughout the day? You find yourself thinking about that dream all day long. Its in your mind and something in your heart is feeling it, maybe even holding on to it.
Your dreams are messages of your own intuition and from your subconscious.
When we dream, we are more able to detach from our emotions and release the hold the ego has within the mind. This makes it easier for us to receive information and to observe what is happening on an unconscious level within us.
Dreams are magical doorways to our own subconscious.
They provide an opportunity to tune in to ourselves and gain understanding of our lives. Dreams reveal what is actually lying beneath our surface.
Dreams allow the spirit to move.
Are our dreams an illusion and we are living in reality, or are our dreams the reality and life is the illusion?
When we go to sleep we allow the physical body to rest and reset, while the soul needs no such thing. While the body rests, the soul continues to have experiences. We are not confined to this physical body and can travel to different realms.
Types of Dreams
There are many different types of dreams:
- flying dreams
- dreams where you realize you are actually dreaming - called lucid dream
- visitations from family & friends and even pets who have passed
- dreaming in parallel lives
- past or future dreams
- dreams of power animals and helping spirits
- reoccurring dreams
We have become a society that discourages day dreaming. Children are told in schools to stop day dreaming and pay attention. But if you think about it, day dreaming is exactly what all of us should do every day to connect with our heart's true dreams and desires.
Why You Don't Dream
If you are a person who does not dream, (or remember your dreams), observe how possibly out of alignment you may be between your mind, heart and soul.
Are you moving through life without a sense of internal connection to the truths of who you really are?
Are you willing to "play" with your inner child to allow the impossible to be possible?
Do you understand your connection to your Higher Self?
Symbols, Signs, Synchronicities
Are you willing to bring the unseen into view? The truth is, symbols and signs are everywhere!! They really are. But you must be in balance of giving AND receiving in order to receive the messages. Having a willing mind and heart will bring into view all the symbols, signs, and synchronicities that are the answers to the prayers you are asking for.
Our dreams come in symbol form.
Ever notice when you have a dream that it seems to make sense while dreaming, but then when you awake, it doesn't make sense at all? This is because we dream in symbols. Keeping your own dream journal can help in providing understanding.
Nurturing your ability to dream is key to successful dreaming. Believe in your abilities. Dreaming is a form of communication between your mind and soul. Just like any relationship, communication is key to positive outcomes.
- Before going to bed set an intention or ask a question about what you want and write it in a dream journal.
- Repeat your intention or question as you are falling asleep.
- Wake up using your own body clock. You'll still remember your dreams if you wake up to alarms but allowing your body and mind to wake up on their own is much better. Go to sleep earlier to ensure you will wake up at the time you need to.
- First thing in the morning write your dream in your journal, even if you only remember a small fraction of it. As you write, more will come to you and your understanding will reveal itself.
If you feel a dream is unresolved, or you are interrupted in your dream, you can use dream re-entry later to find more guidance, understanding or to continue where you left off in your dream!
Dreaming, and remembering your dreams is a very powerful way of connecting with your subconscious mind and receiving messages from beyond!